Re: Popularize SWAT Kats artwork!

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 18:30:17 -0600 (CST)

> There's a small problem with this.. It's called copyright infringement.
> It may be "allright" (read: borderline) to create artwork of someone
> else's characters for your own personal enjoyment & freely give it to
> your friends to view. However, drawing the characters & having the
> pictures published, is most definately a violation of law.

> mweber_at_schoolcraft.cc.mi.us

    Comic book magazines, Comic books (sometimes), and Gaming magazines get
reader artwork about virtually everything and it's printed just fine. I don't
know the intricate details of how they get the rights, but they do. The live
action SWAT Kats as they appeared at comic cons appeared in Wizard (See the 2
scans I made at http://rat.org/pub/kats/images/real-life ) Reader artwork would
make it just fine, I'm sure.

  |\ __ /| Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu |\ __ /|
  | | | |
   \ / Check out SWAT Kats on the Web: \ /
     \/ http://rat.org/kats \/