Re: Katsite is a Ratocracy - not Democracy...

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 22:03:01 -0600 (CST)

> Seems that there's a little bit of confusion as to the nature of Rat's site.
> me resolve it. It's Rat's machine, and he's providing space to the Katfans
> for archives and a central repository for fanfic and the like because he

    Others will be glad that you pointed this out for them, but I never was
questioning it to begin with. Beleive me, I'm as grateful as anybody for
Ratman dedicating himself and hardware to the task. If that simple fact
has somehow gotten lost in the squabble, then I apologize. But I do want Ratman
to know the opinion of myself and others before deciding entirely on the
matter. I have a right to argue my case, don't I? And as my wicked act of
making pivate E-mail public, demonstrates, I thought Ratman had agreed to the
poll with the implication that his mind wasn't entirely made up on the matter.
When he rejected it initially, I decided that it was unlikely to change, and
then his suggestion on the poll made me suspect otherwise. I'll contine the
poll with some amendments just to see how it turns out, and I want it clear to
everyone that voting is unlikley to change anything, but few a seconds out of
your day to make such a vote won't necessarily kill anyone. It *will* show how
  |\ __ /| Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu |\ __ /|
  | | | |
   \ / Check out SWAT Kats on the Web: \ /
     \/ http://rat.org/kats \/