Re: Poll for new Kats link

From: Max <max_at_maxie.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 13:46:46 -0500

At 01:25 PM 3/27/96 -0600, Kevin wrote:

>http://www.scifi.com/cgi-bin/rbox/articles.pl?1&6&68

> This is the only SWAT Kats site of any signifigance on the web that I know
>of that's entirely seperate from rat.org. It only seems right to link them.

Are you serious about this, Kevin?

I just checked out the link you gave, what is significant about it? They
misspell the name, they offer no useful information on the info page (not
even credits to the creators), and perhaps most importantly, the entire
message base consists of one message posted last december.

(I now go mildly off topic, my appologies Chance :-)

Take a good hard look at the World Wide Web sometime. You'll find that 80%
of the pages consist of links to OTHER pages (often pages of links
themselves!), maybe 15% of the pages are redundant and duplicate info from
elsewhere, and finally, you get to the small percentage of pages that offer
some actual information.

A good deal of really poor pages would have died of lack of use if someone
hadn't linked to them, putting them on life support. Why prolong the
suffering and agony? I say we let this "Swat Cats" page die of it's own
accord, without trying to offer aid to it.

Ratman has worked hard to make rat.org belong to that small catagory of
useful web pages (Way to go, Rat!), and doesn't want to link to useless
places. I have to agree with him on that, you won't find many links on my
server either.

If you find a link to useful Swat Kat info, you'll find that's a different
matter.

 Max