Let's clear this up.

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 1996 18:48:37 -0600 (CST)

>>BTW, I think that I just figure out the "Kats and anime fans" thing, Kats
>>are in the anime fans community. IF we consider SWAT Kats as an anime.

>And since SWAT Kats animation is anime, which automatically makes it
>entirly Japanese (without dubbing or subtitling) animation, we're all
>anime fans.

    No, SWAT Kats *isn't* anime, and just because something is Japanese
animated, that doesn't mean it's anime, otherwise Tiny Toon Adventures, for
instance, could be considered anime. I've known some people to use anime
to mean anything animated and cool, but that't not it. I've already said what
anime *really* means, stick to that. (BTW, I mispelled a name, that's Helen
*McCarthy*.)

    What SWAT Kats is is an animated action adventure series made primarily for
American (And I 'spose Canadian) audiences which happens to utilize Japanese
animation and many stylings adopted and emulated from anime, but it is *not*
anime, just anime-like.

    When I have an itch, I scratch it!

>Ryan "B-ko "Snoopy" Daitokuji" Kelley (Giyggas to Ted Turner)

  |\ __ /| Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu |\ __ /|
  | | | |
   \ / The Long Lost, but now found Kats Fan \ /
     \/ \/