Re: The vortex scene on "The Pastmaster Always Ring Twice".

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 14:26:13 -0600 (CST)

    This morning I finally realized where I had seen graphics similar to this
before, the anime Silent Mobius. There's an extended sequence toward the end
where one the main characters is in a vortex tunnel much like the one from
TPART (Weird acronym, eh?), only this one is much darker. I think a
similar effect is used in the original Doctor Who, and I'm sure there are
dozens of other instances I'm not remembering or aware of. In the credits of
Silent Mobius, "Special Effects" are credited, and nothing else. So, computers
are not absolutely necessary for the effect, whatever it may be, and perhaps
they've *never* been used for it. If I learn more, I'll post.

  |\ __ /| Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu |\ __ /|
  | | | |
   \ / The Long Lost, but now found Kats Fan \ /
     \/ \/