Mayor Manx

From: Paul Kemner <pkemner_at_bright.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 11:25:27 -0500 (EST)

One of the first times I was watching Kats, my wife came in & said "Hey-
Manx cats don't have tails!" Well, I knew this, and apparently some other
people on this list have noticed it as well.

After extensive research I've discovered the secret- Manx has a tail toupee!
Did it come from "Tail Club for Toms?" He knows that nobody will vote for a
tailless kat. Just look at that tail- it's bigger & bushier that Callie's!
That's why folks vote for him. (he wears a toupee on his head too - you can
see it getting blown off of his head in several eps.) Anyway, this false
tail throws off his balance- which is why he's not good at golf. (Don't you
wonder why he's so bad, even though he spends every waking hour on his game?)

The other reason he gets re-elected is for entertainment value. Here in
T-Town, our mayor is "Carty Finkbeiner" (I kid you not!) He has regular
tantrums, fires all his staff, blames & sacrifices staff for his silly
ideas, and has gotten the city on national news for falling for old Galleger
routines "Hey- lets put deaf people in those houses near the airport!" He's
run as a Republican, Independant, AND Democrat (and you thought there was a
difference!). Regular polls in the snoozpaper show that he will lose by a
substantial margin to any of his former or future opponents, any fictional
character from a comic strip, or to a randomly selected planarian! Yet we'll
re-elect him by a wide margin.

Paul Kemner pkemner_at_bright.net
Toledo, OH