Re: Kats going off air?

From: <LtFFeral_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 22:55:57 -0500

>Dear Andy:
>
>It's true that Speed Racer is replacing Swat Kats' Monday - Friday 5:30 pm
>time
>slot. Swat Kats will still air on Saturdays at 2pm Eastern Time. This
>schedule
>is effective March 4th. The schedule will change again in June and the Swat
>Kats
>may go back into their regular schedule.

I sent a letter YESTERDAY NIGHT to ToonNet asking why c(k)ats were less seen
then dogs on Cartoon Network, and I also asked em about the "Secret Files of
the SWAT Kats" and SKIQ. I was extremely surprised to find this in my mailbox
TODAY:

Kinda off- topic (kat stuff is down further!)

We're sorry that you're annoyed with us! It's just that we've got so many
more cartoon dogs running around than cartoon cats. For every Sebastian,
there's a Muttley, a Mumbley, a Precious Pupp, and a big white bulldog
preventing Huck from delivering mail! The situation is supernatural!
 Apparently the cartoon cat owners heeded Bob Barker's advice and the dog
owners didn't!

IMPORTANT KAT STUFF:

 You bring up an interesting point, and we will forward your letter to our
Programming Department, as I'm sure they would be interested in reading your
comments. Who knows? Perhaps they'll get to work on more cat programming.
  As for Speed Racer--it is true that he will be taking over the SWAT Kats
timeslot, but unfortunately we don't yet have information on what the fate of
the Kats will be.
  We don't know why the episodes shown here on Cartoon Network differ from
those that were shown on TBS. We'll try to get an answer for you. If you
write back toward the end of the week, hopefully we'll have the information
then.