Common sense, guys....

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 07:49:28 -0800

>How did you know Davis Doi???

Look, this is strictly from an administrative point of view, but this stuff
has to stop right now.

1) We have no idea what this is in reference to because there isn't any
     quoted material, and:

2) It's a direct question to another list-member which belongs in e-mail. The
    respondent may wish to share the info with the list in addition to a direct
    reply, but in any event the question should've travelled the direct path and
    not wound up in 60-plus mailboxes.

3) Any new member subscribing to the list and seeing "How did you know
     Davis Doi?" as the first post will likely reconsider his/her decision to
     join in the first place.

No one take any of this personally - it's Monday, and I'm all out of Meow-mix.