Re: Commander Feral

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 07:32:12 -0800

>On Sun, 21 Jan 1996, Edo Andromedo wrote:

>> Maybe he is really for real when he say (Or act.) that he dislikes the SwatKats.
>
>Sure sounds like it to me. Sometimes knowing that something is necessary
>doesn't mean that you have to like it :)

Yup. Exactly. When I do communications training with Air-Cadets, I'm usually
just one of the gang and hang around the campfire - whatever. When I'm on
"company time" and actually teaching the course I have to present a completely
different "face" as an authority figure in order to accomplish what I have to do in the
given amount of time. Sometimes I have to be quite the prick. I don't like it, and
would much rather laugh along with the jokester interrupting the class because I find
it all too easy to imagine myself in his/her shoes when I was their age. I don't like it,
I don't have to like it, but I have to do it. I suspect Feral's in more or less the same
position with the Kat-guys, and I think there's all kinds of episodic evidence to support
it (provided I guess that you're already inclined to think along those lines).