The meaning of a name.

From: Edo Andromedo <macsonic_at_rad.net.id>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 08:09:04 +0700

>On Mon, 15 Jan 1996, Edo Andromedo wrote:
>
>> IP - Hey, if they can name a moon IO, why cann't I name a planet IP?
>
>Ip is just ... well, IP! It's meaningless!
>(And it sounds funky too ...:)

Hey, it mean something to me. It's a cat name.

>Don't think they're particularly suitable for Kat planets since they
>might not have undergone the same cultural developments as we did.

Yes, chance also said the same with "Ulysses", maybe there is some name
that is similar to the names that we use on our planet (After all, there is
"Jake".). Hmmm, I always wonder, how did they get the name "Callista"? And
don't say that it was originaly come from "Callie", she hasn't been born
yet.

>Simon Leet <leetwail_at_iscs.nus.sg> :)

Hi Simon, nice to see that you are smiling again. :)