Re: A name for the kat planet.

From: Leet Wai Leong Simon <leetwail_at_iscs.nus.sg>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 20:58:48 +0800 (GMT-8)

On Mon, 15 Jan 1996, Edo Andromedo wrote:

> Here a few more name for the kat planet:

> IP - Hey, if they can name a moon IO, why cann't I name a planet IP?

That's because Io is the name of a princess of Argos in Greek mythology
who Zeus seduced then turned into a heifer so as to save her from the
wrath of his wife, Hera. Ip is just ... well, IP! It's meaningless!
(And it sounds funky too ...:) Most planets & their moons are named after
folks from Greek/Roman mythology. Don't think they're particularly
suitable for Kat planets since they might not have undergone the same
cultural developments as we did.

Simon Leet <leetwail_at_iscs.nus.sg> :)
- *sigh* now everything I did wrong in '95 can return
  to haunt me. Hurrah.