Re: Swatkats Love Couples..

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 16:25:51 -0800

>Gotta agree with Terra and Courtney here. We've all noticed how,
>well, reckless our Kats can be. Part of the job. In action, they
>think first of each other, as they rely on each other, and then of
>those they protect, in a general way. If they had loved ones to
>think about, loved ones who depend on them and need them to get home
>safely.... well, it can be a distraction, and that extra distraction
>can mean the difference between success and failure. Or life and
>death.

Same here with members of our ERT (that's "S.W.A.T. teams to U.S types). They're
almost without exception all unmarried Jake or Chance types with enough job dedication to
sleep with two pagers and a like number of handguns - always ready to do the undoable - without
having to have the wife-and-kids affecting their decision-making abilities when it comes to backing
up a buddy. Some folks can live like that, others can't. I picture Jake and Chance firmly in the
"can" group.