Re: One glass on the glasses?

From: Ed Rudnicki <erudnick_at_pica.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 96 13:57:11 EST

>>>But how do the lenses actualy work?
>>I believe you can get prescription lenses made for that type of frame,
>>but it's rather expensive... and if that's not possible,
>
>One glass (Or lens.) on one frame? this I got to see, I want to see if
>mankind technology do can catch up with katkind technology.

I guess I missed the start of this, but it should eventually be
possible to produce such a lens via injection molding using an
adaptive mold. Just program in the prescription, or better still
have the computer accept the prescription directly from the
measuring equipment, the mold then shapes itself to that
prescription, the plastic gets injected and voila! Maybe add a final
polish and various coatings, but this could be doable.

Ed