Re: Etiquette reminder

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 07:53:40 -0800

>A gentle reminder for when you "reply" to a message. It is surely the easiest
>way to send a message out, but please remember to do two things:
>
>a) pare down the quoted material to only what is necessary, and
>
>b) *please* try to remember to change the subject line to something more
> appropriate. I've seen quite a lot of "Re:"'s that haven't had much
> to do with their announced subjects.
>
>Perhaps it isn't my place to be reminding everyone of this, but since I'm a
>crotchety old man, I have a certain duty to bitch and whine now and then.

Heheheheh. "Crotchety"-away Dr. C.

I sent out a post yesterday to this effect after wading through 100 katmessages, but did
forget to mention the subject line thing. Actually, before you hit 'send' (and I forget all the
time too), maybe check the header to see if the title reflects what you've written.

That way, a treatise about Callie's bouncy blond mane won't be found under the header
"Razor's Edge" or similar.

Oh yeah, looks like some of the old Kats crew have been assigned "Jonny Quest". A certain
H-B person got summoned to Atlanta (something like Rommel was summoned to Berlin), and
 had to explain why he should be allowed to keep his job. I'm sure one of the answers wasn't
"I paint chartreuse beautifully!" (Atlanta in-joke...sorry gang). At least the JQ assignment keeps
*some* of the talent who worked on the Kats from seeking employment elsewhere for awhile
 - good news if Turner brains up enough to refuel the Turbokat.