Re: Callico Briggs (or is it Calico Briggs ?)?

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 20:53:42 -0800

>>>Name: Cal(l)ico Briggs, Callie.
>>>(Her name is taken from Calico cat, a breed of cat, of course Callie is
>>>more than any Calico cat)
>>Waitaminute! Aren't calico cats s'posed to have many colored coats? (red,
>>orange, brown, yellow all on one cat...)
>
>Calicos are typically white/yellow or tan/brown or black. I don't
>think Callie would look as good piebald :)

Finally, an answer. Although Mike Swanigan in the "Toon" article spells it "Callico", he
also spells Turbokat as "Tubrokat". Mike's eaten all his proofreaders. Lance Falk says
that it is indeed "Calico" with a single "l", just like the kitty namesake - piebald or otherwise.

(Maybe in fifty-plus years Callie *will* look "piebald"...or just plain-bald...")