Re: Kat guys must be Lt.'s

From: Edo Andromedo <macsonic_at_rad.net.id>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 06:44:49 +0700

>>So are Jake and Chance just officers or Lieutenants as suggested earlier
>>in your post since they are pilots?
>
>All things being equal, they *should* be lieutenants - at least Chance anyway.

Why did Chance should be the same rank as Jake? they can be different, but
then again, if you judge by their attitude, then things maybe the same.

BTW, maybe we should discuss this Enforcer rank promotion thing more, to
know more about Steel sudden promotion in "Enter the MadKat".

>Even in STNG (which uses a similar rank structure to the Kats),

But has no Admiral in it, nor ensign, and other ranks that's supposed to be
in a ship. Then again, Enforcer HQ isn't a ship. :-)

>I doubt even the Kats design team worked it out that far anyway,
>so you could basically do whatever you wanted in fanfic and nobody
>would call you dirty names.

Just like you said chance, "It's your story, it's your game.".

>Chance is a *bit* mouthy to be a Lieutenant in RL, but then again,
>so's Feral - and he's the Commander!

But Feral follow the Enforcer rules all the time (Almost), Chance didn't do
that sorta thing, that's why Feral get to be a Commander. I know a game
that discuss this promotion stuff, it involved when the Colonel and the
Major have a _talk_ about their flying _skills_.