Re: SWAT Kats Toys

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 07:11:26 -0700

> Now, is it just me, or did Remco really go out of their way to make
>these things 1.) impossible to stand and 2.) completely not resemble their
>respective characters in almost any way?

I'm rubbing my hands with glee as I read this, because guess who just revealed
their e-address on rec.arts.animation? I'll tell you anyway; SwatKats Executive
Producer Buzz Potamkin (the guy who rubber-stamped the figures that might
resemble the kats, if they'd stand up long enough for anyone to get a good look
at them...).

Anyway, before I declare open-season on Mr. Potamkin and his e-mail address,
would everyone give me a couple of days to get some answers from the guy
the polite and politically sensitive way? Christian Tremblay also left a message on
my machine saying that he received my 200 odd pages of stuff downloaded from
the net, and I'd like to be able to tell him Potamkin's version of events before we
all collectively piss Potamkin off (which is only fair, he pissed us off...).

Later.

  "I'm on the Internet...sometimes every day. I use it to plug in and feel the
   pulse of my audience. I think most producers used to wait for the fan mail
   to roll in. You don't need to do that anymore. There's instant communication
   with your audience. -- The "X-Files" Chris Carter