Re: FTP site

From: Ratman <rat_at_granite.mv.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 22:11:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Oct 1995, FIELD wrote:

> There's something seriously wrong with the ftp site.

1. This probably should have gone to just me.

> It's not just
> not being able to get on, but getting disconnected while downloading
> a file. I get a timeout message when I change directories, when I
> change to bin, when I start to download a file, when I finished
> downloading a file, and even when I give the mget command. I notice
> most of the timeout things are happening when other people get on
> or off the site. How come?

2. The server is extremely busy. I plan on upgrading it, but since I have to
pay for everything out of my own pocket, it probably won't be for a few
months.

> I'm really disappointed with the
> unavailability of this service. Perhaps we should collect the image
> - I'm sure everyone has got some images, and most probably different
> ones - and just build a mirror. What do you say?

3. If anyone wants to mirror it, I am all for it. I'll update the README
files so that people can know about it. But I don't know of anyone out there
willing to maintain a collection of Kat pics. I hope that changes sometime.

WWW : http://rat.org | FTP : ftp://rat.org/pub