Re: They're coming? (fwd)

From: Chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 12:42:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, Chance wrote:

> The new spots are puzzling, but the "They're coming" bit likely refers to
> something a Turner spy related earlier about a "product tie-in with a
> major retailer" - the likes of which I have no info on. It's been
> suggested that Turner may want to continue with Kats now that the
> "expensive elements" (Tremblay bros, background dept, and design team
> members up for a raise) are no longer in the loop - and that it would
> take on almost a post-Spumco "Ren and Stimpy" flavour. I'd rather see
> the Kat guys die on their feet than live on their knees.

That's wrong. If you paid any attention to the 5:30PM airing of "Enter
The MadKat" on the Cartoon Network, you would know what this is...

Thanks. Actually, I'd like nothing better than to pay better attention
(or any attention for that matter) to the Cartoon Network; 5:30 pm or any
other time. The sad fact is that I can't even watch the Kats at
broadcast on either TBS or TCN - TCN isn't allowed in Canada, and TBS is
a pay service.

As far as "that's wrong" goes - I heard what I heard - though it likely
has nothing to do with the promo-thingy.

(My server shredded the header message to White Trash's message - so
 I wasn't sure whether it originated through the list or direct e-mail;
 apologies if the comment wasn't intended for all pointy ears).