Re: The Videos

From: Chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 07:55:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 31 Jul 1995, Ed Rudnicki wrote:

> ObSK: I really enjoyed "Mutation City" yesterday! I'd never seen
> this one, and really enjoyed the "buddy" aspects of this one. Dr.
> Viper is I think my favorite villain, so that was good as well.
> Somehow I didn't care for the way Callie looked in this ep. The
> interaction between Feral and Felina was right on the mark for
> elder/junior-family-member-in-same-career.

     Tremblay Bros directly came up with the premise for this script,
though I doubt they did any of the actual writing. I thought the
character bits were outstanding in this, and that opening sequence with
the "Obstacle Course" essentially defines for me what sets this apart
from similar ac/adv efforts - you have actual 'Kat characters - not just
the X-Men in Fur-suits. In terms of ac/adv writing, that opening scene
was _very_ expensive in terms of time diverted from conflict setup, and
was only really in there so we could see T-Bone likewise save Razor in
the last scenes - all heavy character stuff that made this just about my
favourite ep (top three, anyway) and very unusual in light of the
two-dimensional relationships in the various Marvel-clones out there.

 "Of course it has boogers in it. It's got kid-type humour" - John K. in TVG
                                   --
 "Naaaah...just make them cat aliens." - Executive 'creative input' at H-B