Re: Real-Life and death

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 07:54:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 6 Jul 1995, Ian Lynn wrote:

...Ian, do you use a 132 column monitor? The lines all wrapped, and it was
   like watching Wimbledon.

> I think a couple of the best examples to show the Enforcer death totals, were
> The Deadly Pyramid, and When Strikes Mutilor.
> annoy me is even after he goes through a side of a building or hits the ground nose
> first, is that Feral (either Commander or Lt., in the second season) just calls
> for chopper back-up. Now I understand that you can't kill off a major character so
> early in a show, but when most copters explode on impact, and his just gets totaled,
> I'd think even a 10 yr old would start to wonder if the commander gets a little more
> metal put in his chopper. Maybe he's got a newer model with airbags??

     When Felina captured the Aquians fighter to use, that alien thing
(_very_ reminiscent of something on "Mighty Max") was _very_ dead, and
for some reason they chose to make sure the audience knew it. The "bring
me chopper backup" think is actually _intended_ to be a running gag, as
is Feral's almost perfect track record in crashing his craft in _exactly_
the same way (i.e, exterior cockpit shot from front, interior shot with
visor half-missing when he speaks the immortal phrase). I think the
sequence shows up almost unaltered in many episodes, whether Leopold
wrote them or not.

        "Good...Callie's safe!"
        "...not the way _Feral_ flies!"

> In regards to the person who said they couldn't see the action figures in the marathon.
> They didn't give you a clear shot, like they did in the commercials for the marathon.
> Look on the end table and on the floor around the table next to the chair Randy is
> sitting in, on the table there is a Jake and Chance, and on the floor there is four
> packages, presumably the four first run characters (Dr. V., DK, T-bone, Razor).

    I'd really like to see a frame-grab of this scene if someone who
taped it has access to such hardware. Okay, Remco didn't even make
prototypes of Jake and Chance, so chances are those figures are
animator's models, and not toys at all. Remco _did_ make prototypes of
the Metallikats and I believe a TurboKat, but none of these will hit the
shelves. I _really_ wanted to get ac-figs of Jake and Chance, now I have
to resort to skullduggery instead of anything more above board. Darn.

     Did Macho actively plug the 'Kats stuff, or just sit there doing his
WWF loud-macho-posturing schtick? ("I TELL YA GENE...THIS GUY'S GOIN' DOWN!)

     "...$%#!!_at_!!, does EVERYTHING have to occur at the speed of MTV?!"
  - George Lucas on the cancellation of "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles",
    after hearing that viewers expected constant action, rather than a
                        "gentle history lesson"