(fwd) KatsEye News: Comix 'n' Stuff

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 18:03:23 -0700

From: chance_at_unix.infoserve.net (Andy Hill)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.swatkats
Subject: KatsEye News: Comix 'n' Stuff
Date: 27 Jun 1995 00:56:23 GMT

     Someone I know talked to Ellen Winkler at Antarctic press (you know,
all those creator-owned Furry titles) and evidently there _were_
discussions about bringing out a "SwatKats" title through them. Further
talks didn't happen however, because "Turner didn't seem too interested".
Dark Horse was also approached, but said "cat characters don't work".

     Next, I heard something else I haven't looked into, but perhaps
someone else knows more than I. It seems that when the Tremblays first
started working on SwatKats at H-B, Turner Entertainment hadn't yet
purchased it, so Turner inherited the 'Kats, and the Tremblays inherited
Turner. The plot sickens. Ms. Winkler at Antarctic mentioned that she
_also_ heard Tedco pulled the plug because of the violence aspect, and
this coupled with the fact that 'Kats wasn't originated in the Turner
universe helps explain a few things regarding the
marketing/cancellation. I'll have to ask Christian Tremblay about
at what stage Turner took over, and see if he noticed any immediate
"change in attitude" concerning the program.

 "Sorry for staring..it's just that you looked so much like the Cheshire Cat
  for a minute there, and I was rather hoping bits of you would begin to
  disappear..."