Re: alt.tv.swatkats is up and running!

From: Dana Uehara <duehara_at_cisk.atmos.Ucla.EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 95 2:35:12 PDT

Andy Hill writes:
> Commercial account users such as Delphi, America On-Line, Compuserve and
> Netcom; please let me know if you are able to subscribe to the group -

I haven't been able to get it through netcom. It might be available in
a few days, however...

> Dana and Rat may want to post both the FAQ and a listing of 'KATS FTP
> sites, and anybody's homepage containing 'KATS stuff if they so
> desire.

I'll see what I can post as soon as I can access the newsgroup.

> I'll let H-B and the Tremblays know tomorrow. I've
> also posted the announcement to alt.tv.animaniacs, alt.fan.furry, and
> rec.arts.animation - could someone who actually _reads_ the Disney groups
> do the same? They're sick of hearing my voice by now.

I'm not going to post to the Disney groups (and I suggest that nobody
else does) or it could be potential flamebait. In general, I think that
such announcements should belong in news.announce and general (and any
other general announcement newsgroups) rather than newsgroups which
belong to a specific charter. Announcing the Kats in something like
alt.fan.disney.afternoon is just as inappropriate as someone advertising,
say, Pocahontas on this particular list.

--
========= Dana Uehara (duehara_at_atmos.ucla.edu, razor_at_netcom.com) ==========
"I was raised to always offer my seat to a lady..." -- Razor