Re: Steel(e)?

From: MATT WEBER <MATT_W_at_delphi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 19:11:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 20 Jun 1995, Dana Uehara wrote:

>In the episode "The Wrath of Dark Kat," Steele says his name is
>spelled with "two e's", which would make it either "Steel" or
>"Stele". In the episode "Enter the Madkat," however, Steele's
>name is clearly spelled as "Steele" on the name placard he puts on
>Commander Feral's desk, knocking Feral's placard to the floor.

Whenever I hear someone say something like "two e's", etc. I would
think of the meaning as two e's put together. This, of course,
referring to the wonderful english language in which you can have
the same sound with "ee" and "ea". (Steele as opposed to Steal).
For instance, my last name "Weber" is most commonly spelled with two
b's, so I usually have to say "one b" when giving my name. It's
rather obvious _where_ the b's are to be placed (two of them
together or only one of them, but not in different places). <is any
of this making sense? <g>>

Well, that's my take on it anyway...

-Matt