Re: ...the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 1995 20:21:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 15 Jun 1995, Mitch Botwin wrote:

> On Jun 15, 7:43am, Andy Hill wrote:
> > Subject: ...the road to hell is paved with good intentions...
> !"
> > slogan? Not a _single one_ is a SwatKat. They even dug up Magilla
> > Gorilla's ugly mug for one of them - but went out of their way to avoid
> > 'KATS. The blue-suits are really trying to sweep the whole embarassing
> > 'KATS mess under the rug, aren't they?
>
> Is this an active effort, or is this occuring because no one at Turner cares?

     This is a really tough call. The TCN promotion is still happening,
but every effort by either the Tremblays or people at H-B is being
stonewalled. Turner is an entity of contradiction; they change the KATS
slot so more people can see it, yet refuse to acknowledge that there is
existing interest in the press. This guy I was talking to hasn't
returned my calls, and I have a feeling I may have a fairly large black
checkmark beside my name because of how critical of the Turner org I've
been in the newsgroups. They don't seem to understand that I can keep my
KATS support efforts independent of my, er..."views" on how the Turner
org blew it. Anyway, I'll keep trying, just like Christian Tremblay,
until they have to get back to me - but with tact - as I don't want to
bite the hand that feeds us (if "eventually"). BTW, they are _really_
pushing "Flintstones" and the WPT's - H-B even has a "storyboard" contest
going at the moment; and the description of the type of "talent" they're
looking for to be involved in new projects simply copies what we can
already see (if we're desperate enough) in the WPT's. Not a future
'KATS-type project in sight. One of the high-ups at Warner's drew this
to my attention in the May "Animation Magazine", and told me not to "hold
my breath" for a quick 'KATS revival - still, he's been wrong before -
and Turner doesn't usually give any kind of advance warning when he does
something seemingly inexplicable.

Andy