Re: SWAT Kats at the ABA

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 05:50:59 -0700 (PDT)

     On this "hard copy" and "not a current property" theme, I don't
understand how this dude can say that, when Turner is only now coming out
with the licensed 'KATS stuff, providing the TCN promotion, and
reassigning the 'KAT guys to a reasonable timeslot. A friend who
sometimes talks to H-B also offers two possible explanations: Turner is
such a large org that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, or
perhaps they're trying to milk the show for all it's worth to recoup
their investments before is disappears into anonymity. I suppose we
aren't going to know until we get an idea of the new ratings and sales
figures for the stuff - likely what Turner is also waiting for.

    On another note, I just found out that Lance Falk has a special place
reserved in his heart for the Turner org - right next to "Adolf Hitler"
and the IRS. It seems that had the second season been completed (three
episodes short, remember?) they would've committed to a full 65 episode
run, and Lance would've become "associate producer", something he was
really looking forward to, as it would've given him a chance to learn a
whole bunch of new skills. Oh well...

Andy

  "It isn't the money, or the time...it's just that we all worked so hard to
   make something really good...to prove to the system.." - Mike Jittlov