The long-delayed newsgroup...

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 06:14:18 -0700 (PDT)

     Okay, I think I figured out how to do it, and now's the time before
all the 'KATS promotions/schedule changes take place. What I have to do
is cross-post the "PROPOSAL: Alt.fan.swatkats" article to some of the
animation newsgroups, r.a.a. and alt.fan.furry with followups directed to
alt.config. Creation by other than myself depends entirely on how many
followups to my post (basically "votes") people add, and before I go
ahead an do it, I'd like some idea of how many of us _will_ post a followup.
Being a big fan of netiquette, I'm doing it the right way first, but if I
think the 'KATS have been shortchanged for any other reason aside from
lack of interest, I'll likely create it "another way" - which I think I
can do as well.

     alt.fan.swatkats and the mailing list? Essentially, the newsgroup
is intended to help people who watch the show and have just got on
internet to realize that there are other fans around - it is NOT meant to
replace this mailing list in any fashion, just increase the general
fan-base and the awareness of others. I think it's _very_ important
because "certain people" are waiting for it's creation, and I plan on
advertising it's existence in stuff like "Katatonic", and perhaps some of
the furry and fan-mags.

     Anyway, feedback appreciated. Tentative day for the crosspost is
Wednesday, so if you want to comment beforehand, now's the time.

Andy

  "It isn't the money, or the time...it's just that we all worked so hard to
   make something really good...to prove to the system.." - Mike Jittlov