Re: "New" episode isn't so new...

From: Ian Lynn <lynn_at_gentire.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 95 07:38:43 CDT

Dr. Conway said-

errrr....I tend to disagree. Yes, it is a good sign to see a new
episode, I suppose. But what good is it if that episode positively
stinks? It's bound to create a bad impression, and any such bad
impressions can always be pointed to and used as excuses to can the
series. Yes?
____________________________________

I would have to agree with this comment, if an individual, especially an adult
(because of the poor transitions) was watching SK for the first time this
weekend. I would venture to guess they would flip to it watch about 5 min.,
and continue surfing the channels. More than likely, if they flip passed TBS
this weekend, they wouldn't stop if the Kats were on, because of it.
First impressions weigh heavy in this society, especially in the fickle
TV market. If this episode has been sitting on a shelf since the start of
the second season, maybe Ted had been gunning for the show for longer than
I thought, and suggested they put together a show that could essentially ruin
the second season. Think about it, after a very good first season, imagine
what r.a.a.(among other places) would have looked like after this episode
started off this years season. "Swatkats off and flopping", "Swatkats suck, what
do you people see in them", negative headings abound....it's unfortuanate,
but it's the way we work here in the good ol' US.

Ian Lynn
episodes