"Eat this, DarkKrud!"

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 06:12:18 -0700 (PDT)

     I just got a press-kit deal for Hudson Soft in the mail from
Christian, and here's how the SNES game is described in this thing:

SWATKATS FOR SUPER NES

     By day they're junkyard mechanics secretly inventing powerful
"gadgets" to battle the villains of MegaKat City. When called into
action they become the SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron daredevil pilots,
protectors of all Kat-kind. Based on Hanna-Barbera's popular cartoon
feline-superheroes, SWAT Kats Katapults gamers into a radical adventure
to save MegaKat City from the likes of Doctor Viper, The Pastmaster, and
all the Metallikats (ed: _all_ the Metallikats? M+M must've been busy...).
Cutting-edge animation in an adventure-driven, action-packed game
design will surely lure hardcore Kat-fanatics to this ultra-popular license.

"hardcore Kat-fanatics"? Someone's been talking to my psychiatrist again.

There are a few colour panels from the game itself, which actually look
pretty darned good, and it appears that if you buy the game, you get a
five dollar mail-in rebate (same goes for the videos).

     Humorous note: I'd mentioned to Christian that my mail has been
horribly slow, so on the outside of the envelope he sketched T-Bone in a
"don't mess with me" pose, with a bubble of dialogue that reads:

     "Hey Postman! Don't mess with this package to Andy or I'll come over
        and kick your butt!"

Heh. Wonder what the USPS thought of that, huh?

"Nickleodeon" magazine (?) is supposed to have a write-up on the game, if
any of you have any clue as to where this rag can be located.

Andy

     "His biography said he bumped his butt 'cuz he ate too much sugar...
        ....it's SAD (really)..." - Slappy Squirrel, "Bumbie's Mom" ANIMX
     "We have a mission Ann, down these mean skies, a 'KAT must fly...
                 ...we wanna be the good guys..."