Re: couple o' things.....

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 09:31:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 23 May 1995, Ian Lynn wrote:

> With only twenty three (now possibly 24 with the Kats Eye News), has
> anyone the connections to get in a suggestion that the Cartoon Network
> run a marathon (12 hrs., obviously). They did it with "The Pirates of
> Darkwater" , which had to be close to 24 episodes, it seemed to be on for
> almost a full day (trust me I started watching at 1:00 p.m. and before I
> knew it, it was 9:00). I would think that this would be a major catapult
> for the videos and game releases. If thats what they are wanting to do, help
> the sales, that is.

     I faxed off a few ideas to the "powers that be" for promotional
stuff concerning the TCN deal, and no one's gotten back to me yet. I
think that you'll see something along the lines of a marathon, but I
haven't got the schedule yet - I'll ask. I did ask about the origins of
the KatsEye news thing (when it was made, why, etc) and I'll put up the
response.

> Once again I'll pose this question, Why will Ted let the CN show "G-Force"
> which is still moderately violent (The other day, a guy was thrown up against
> spikes, and as he fell off there was blood on the spikes), but he can find a
> bitch about SK??

     From what I gather concerning the internal structure of the Turner
owned properties, one hand rarely knows what the other is doing. We've
all heard the Ted's public comments towards his promotion of the
non-violent aspect of his toons, but no one is willing to stand up
publicly and say that the perceived "violence" in 'KATS had anything to
do with it's appalling treatment by the execs. Still, it's similar to
having one of those "dot-to-dot" pictures with a couple of the dots
missing: once you connect enough of the dots, it's fairly easy to see
what the picture looks like - and you can fill in the rest by logical
conclusion. I'd say that there are a few factions at work in Turner
Entertainment, which is why you get these inexplicable contradictions
from time to time. If the org wants to make money, will they be doing it
with SK and G-Force or "Captain Planet"? If we can work it out, perhaps
some of the suits can too.

Andy