Complex is hard in 22 mins, but 44?

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 06:51:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 25 Apr 1995, Felix Lee wrote:

> what's-his-name, Steel? would be good for this. can use this to
> explain why he isn't around in the second season.

     I liked the Steel character, though he's a creep. I have some cop
and national security friends, and such people as Steel are around, and
for much the same reasons I put in the fanfic thing.

> yep, agreed.
>
> no reason escapism can't be complex though :)

     I thought "Cry Turmoil" was really odd in this respect. You see the
plot at face value, T-Bone playing along with Turmoil to destroy the
weapon, and most importantly, to save Razor - but the end scene in the
jail cell with Turmoil reading T-Bone's note...that screamed "complex".
This happens too. I know someone who's a prison guard, and they have
some good friends among the inmates - very odd concerning the situation,
something I suppose the writer (Falk) was trying to explore regarding
T-Bone and Turmoil (would've been similar had he been able to keep Feral
in the T-Bone role). "Turmoil 2" was going to extend this further - that
would've been an episode and a half - and would've given you all the
"complex" you could handle! Maybe I can get a script off someone, hmmm...

Andy