Re: A Short Movie Scene

From: Tanya Rebecca Habeck <lestat_at_csd4.csd.uwm.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 23:48:00 -0500 (CDT)

Hi! Paul Deisinger here (this is a friends account)

> > The "Mountain Tours" bus: is it just me, or did all of the passengers
> > on the bus, including the driver, get killed in that scene? When the
> > bus is thrown over the cliff, you hear the passengers as it lands in
> > the chasm. A few scenes later (in real-time, this would hardly be
> > enough for everyone to escape, provided they survived the bus's plunge
> > down the cliff), one of the mummies throws the bus at an Enforcer
> > chopper, destroying the bus (and chopper) in a large fireball.
>
> Got two phone calls on this, and had a, well...strongly worded
> e-mail exchange. Those people didn't get out, and it was clearly
> intended that way. I personally don't worry too much about defining
> villains in terms that involve actual consequences, but this was quite
> contrary to what usually gets by Broadcast Standards and Practices. I'm
> going to call Christian on this one, I liked this ep immensely for the
> animation (did have a kind of anime feel to it, didn't it?), story was
> pretty good too, sure appreciate seeing characters as good as T-Bone and
> Razor given enough respect to warrant this quality of stuff. I suppose
> Turner begs to differ.

Actually, if you watch the scene, the bus passengers do escape. As Razor
is using the TurboCats computer imaging to look over the overturned bus
and mummy, right before the mummy smashes it you can see the passengers
running off the top of the screen.