Re: Stereotyped, monotyped, poorly typed.

From: <MATT_W_at_delphi.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 22:40:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Monday, April 24, Andy Hill wrote:

>incident Feral is being blamed for? Something occurs, and it
becomes
>obvious to everyone that Feral is needed, and the SwatKats work
alongside
>him to prove his innocence...I think it works. It's the old "pact
with
>evil to accomplish good" bit - and can be used to develop all the
>characters a notch or two if handled properly. Lance Falk probably

Hmm.. Sounds quite a bit similar to "The Wrath of Dark Kat" (I
think).
Feral & SWAT Kats working together to stop DK from dropping the
bomb.
Feral was an "outsider" due to Steele's over-confidence in trying to
secure Feral's job. And it did work! I always liked the stories
where
Feral, TBone & Razor "get along" more than the usual attitude taken
by Feral (...vigilantes...blah, blah).

But I digress...

> I don't really want to see a representation of average
>existence in entertainment, the nature of cartoons like the 'KATS
>is escapism, although themes that occur in life are explored. I
>just don't really want to see the view out of my own particular
>window duplicated verbatim on the screen!

I agree completely with you on this one! :-)
Actually, the interaction between the main characters on a
personal basis provides for some very entertaining moments.
Each time the writers give us a little glimpse into the "every-day"
life of TBone & Razor, the characters become _more_ believable
and not just a "robot" who goes out & does a job 1, 2, 3...
It adds a "three-dimensional" aspect to the character &
personality of each of them. I would actually prefer to see
more of this in each episode! But given the 22 min. barrier, I'm
sure it's really difficult for the writers.

-Matt