Re: EMMY nominations are out...AWW, CRUD!

From: Doctor Enigma <emru_at_CAM.ORG>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 17:35:24 -0400 (EDT)

> Just got hold of the Emmy nominations from someone at Warners, would
> you believe that SWATKATS has been completely left off - even in the
> technical categories? Get this, the Emmy crowd nominated "Two Stupid
> Dogs" in a couple of categories, but ignored the 'KATS.

What were the categories? (I prefer the art direction and design of _2
Stupid Dogs_).

> I was hoping that at least the voice artists would make it into some
> category, but the nomination roll has only listed "name" stars like Lily
> Tomlin and Tim Curry - "work for a living" guys like Tress MacNeille,
> Barry Gordon and Charlie Adler were totally ignored. This pissed off a
> lot of people in the industry, so it's likely to change next year.

Who'd it piss off? Besides, "work for a living" guys have been nominated
(and won) in the past -- witness Dan Castellaneta.
--
[Emru Townsend is also : Grown-ups never understand anything ]
[emru_at_cam.org, switch_at_bix.com, : by themselves, and it is tiresome ]