(no subject)

From: Dana Uehara <duehara_at_cisk.atmos.Ucla.EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 14:06:23 -0800

Andy sez:

>Andy (hey "razor", how about that article on the music? One of us should also
> put up the "Comics Scene" thing about the cancellation.)

OK -- as requested, here is the _Comics Scene_ article about the series'
cancellation. I'll send the episode guide I have (which, btw, is also
available on my WWW server) in a separate post.

SWAT Kats Canned_: It happened unexpectedly. SWAT Kats was doing
reasonably well in the ratings, and there was talk of a third season.
By late July, 13 episodes had been recorded for the show's second season;
production was underway on episode #11. Suddenly, Turner Entertainment
ordered its subsidary, Hanna-Barbera, to cancel production altogether,
and lay off creative personnel throughout the studio. The purge affected
23 in-house artists (including half the background department) and 75
freelancers.
     As for SWAT Kats' cancellation, former employees were told that the
show wasn't selling enough merchandise. But that's because there was
hardly any merchandise or marketing to begin with! Therefore, Turner
decided to cancel the show. Go figure.
     SWAT Kats will have 10 new episodes this year; the final three have
been recorded and storyboarded and, at this point, are in limbo. First
season episodes are now being broadcast on the Cartoon Network.
*****
("Animation Scene", p. 66, _Comics Scene #48_)

--
==================== Dana Uehara (duehara_at_atmos.ucla.edu) =====================
"T-Bone, if you drown... I'm gonna kill you!" -- Razor