Re: is kats cancelled

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 08:31:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 3 Apr 1995, FC SRI Students wrote:

> I still get the kats wher I live. There wasn't a break at all
> during the seson.
>

> -Dan

     Yeah, this is kind of confusing for most people. Even though it's
currently running on TBS, The Cartoon Network, and some independents -
Turner cancelled further production past episode 23. For expensive
programs like SWATKATS, a season's "order" is generally 13 episodes, so
the second season eps in production were halted before the second 13 were
completed, hence 23 eps instead of 26. Once TBS gets to ep 23, I'm not
sure whether they'll drop the program, or show repeats for awhile. The
Cartoon Network is supposedly only showing the first season eps (13
only), though I don't get it in Canada so I don't know for sure. 65 eps
is normally the kind of support a show needs to make it attractive for
syndication, but even at 23 eps, 'KATS is supposedly popular in something
like 60 countries (right from Christian Tremblay).

Andy (it's pay-TV up here - I even watch them scrambled..)