Re: [INFO] Late Comics Report 23rd May

From: Matt Penna <mpenna_at_vivanet.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 1996 15:27:18 -0400

>> NOTE: While Archie comics usually ship on time from the publisher,
>>they are subject to a consistent distribution delay, such that any
>>Archie comic can generally be expected to arrive in stores 8-10 days
>>after the date listed in solicitation. Only Archie comics which fail
>>to reach stores within that time frame will be included in this list.

Well, I have noticed this in the past. However, I've also found that most
publishers have frequent delays in one form or another. Whether it's a
problem with the publisher itself, or a book's distribution, there are
delays. I've had titles delayed for over 2 months in the past, due to floods
and complete failures in computer systems. (Most frequent with small
publishers.) Archie isn't alone in this respect. In my experience, their
record for releasing titles has been okay.

-Matt Penna
E-mail: mpenna_at_vivanet.com
Home Page Under Construction
* StH JJ1 Wks+++ AdS-->+ Son+++i Sal+++^ Tal+++it Bun+++ Rot++ Ant~ *
* UnC++ Bks++ Rbk--/++ Pck--/+++ Snv~ Knu++ P+ Da $++++ Ay79 GM *