Sonic IRC-EFNet Server listing

From: Matt Penna <mpenna_at_vivanet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 15:28:47 -0400

     Several people have written to me recently and told me that the IRC
servers that are listed on the Sonic Chat pages on rat.org do not work for
them. I realize that this has been a problem for some of you, and I've been
working on a longer list of EFNet servers, which will hopefully be done
shortly. As soon as it's finished, it will be uploaded to Ratman and he will
update the Sonic IRC pages. Having a larger list of servers to try will
increase the probability that one of them will actually work for you.
     I apologize for taking so long with this, but the list of servers that
was sent to me by a #sonic user (I can't remember who it was. Whoever it
was, THANK YOU!) has over 200 servers located in countries all over the
world. I have to go through them and weed out SOME of them. I can't post a
20-page long list of servers on the Web; it would be impossible to find
anything...unless I get creative somehow. (Hmmmm....)
     At any rate, I will be done soon, as in the next couple of weeks. Those
of you who are having problems such as these, please wait until I get the
server list updated and then try your luck again. I will make another post
to the list when the pages are updated, specifying what has been changed.
     If you're having any problems other than this one, please E-mail me and
I'll help you. That's what I'm here for...

* * "Once again we meet to exchange *
* -=Matt Penna=- * valuable tangibles. *
* E mail: mpenna_at_vivanet.com * Isn't this fun?!" *
* Home Page Under Construction * -The Trademaster, *
* * Star Control II *
* StH JJ1 Wks+++ AdS->+ Son+++i Sal+++^ Tal+++it Bun++ Rot++ Ant~ *
* UnC++ Bks++ Rbk--/++ Pck--/+++ Snv~ Knu++ P++ Da $++++ Ay79 GM *