Re: Regarding the FunnyKiss2.avi...

From: Ratman <rat_at_rat.org>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 11:11:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 15 May 1996, Fred Michael Sloniker wrote:

> ...my AVI player won't play it. "Cannot find vids:IV41 decompressor" it
> says. Anybody know where I can find this? (I'm using Windows 3.1's media
> player.)

It was compressed with "Intel Indeo". It's built right into Win95.
Try http://www.intel.com/pc-supp/multimed/indeo/
and try downloading the codec. It might seem like a lot of hassle to just
play one movie, but this probably won't be the last one you see like this.

Now, you say you used Media Player.. In order to get that to play movies, you
would have had to install Video for Windows. Now I thought indeo came with
VFW. Maybe you have an old version? Or i'm mistaken in thinking it came with
it. :)

I was about to recompress it with Radius Cinepak, which is much more
compatible (especially since Quicktime also uses it), but it ended up being
over a meg bigger!

I'm posting this to the list to say this:
If you're using Win95, you can play funykis2.avi, you can only play it if
you have the Intel Indeo codec.

Wow, talk about yer technobable. :-)