Re: Comments on Sonic #36 (spoilers)

From: Chris Forsyth <foxfire_at_tsb.weschke.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 15:44:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 2 May 1996, Paul Lapensee wrote:

> >The difference between the zone and the void is a significant one. If it was
> >soooo easy to come and go from THE VOID, as we witnessed SONIC and ROBOTNIK
> >do in SONIC #30, then it stood to reason that King Acorn should have been
> >rescued a loooong time ago.
> >
> >Therefore....
> >
> >THE VOID was just another zone where it was believed King Acorn was located,
> >but actually as Rotor made clear, the King was really in the ZONE OF SILENCE.
> >
> >Clear?
> >
> >Ken
> >
> NO!!!!
> Sonic may have be able to come and leave as he pleased, because of his speed.
> The King and Nagus have been in the Void too long if they leave the will change
> into cristal. CLEAR!
>
> Watch the Sonic TV show will ya!.

         Um--point here. The comics, as Ken has pointed out, are
*approved* by SEGA, the makers of the game. Could the show make the same
claim? Much as some may hate to admit it, the comic book, by most
definitions can be considered 'canon', though there are some excellent
fanfics, and the few TV eps I did get to see were great as well. This
argument is kinda similar to people arguing over Diane Duane's Rihannsu
as compared to 'canon' Romulans. ;-) BTW, where do you get off telling
the *writer* of the comic what he can and can't do in his own series?
                                  Chris Forsyth