Sonic.... out of a job?!

From: <SUPERSTH_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 18:04:08 -0400

Oh, no, I'm not mistaken. You all might think that I don't know what I'm
talking about, but I sure as heck do. I don't know, maybe the Sega
Representative that told me this was lying or didn't have the facts straight,
but he did tell me that in a year or so Sonic may NOT be their mascot
anymore, THEY ARE NOT SURE (I hope they soon become sure that Sonic will
forever be their mascot). The reason why is because they said that they are
thinking of having a new mascot for the Saturn that is a little bit older.
Yes, Sonic is coming out with games for the Saturn, which I truly think rules
and I can't wait to buy them the day they come out, but that does not mean
that he will eternally be their mascot.

Look, if you're not gonna believe me, fine. But when I called Sega and heard
this dreaded sentence....
"We are thinking of having a slightly older mascot for the 32-bit
generation..."
It just plain shocked the s*** outta me. I