Re: Why not a game list?

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 18:37:28 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 7 Jan 1996 MDmitry_at_aol.com wrote:

> On 96-01-06 16:46:32 EST, Ratman wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 6 Jan 1996, Doug LoConti wrote:
> >
> >>I don't think having everything on this list is hurting anyone.... I
> >>think it's more of a pain to jump back and forth from two lists, >>minding
> what you post where.
> >
> >It will probably annoy a lot of people if you takeover a list for >your own
> purpose, just because it's vaguely on-topic. Don't do it.
>

> Anybody who thinks that this will be annoying, say "I".
> (Maybe this will help decide)

I don't see how 2 lists would be a great inconvenience. But that's a
moot point because the Sonic list is run not by the mob but by the list
owners. Not one cent of your tuition or connect time fees pays for the
costs of operating the list, rat.org, and all the machines in between.
If you might want to pay some of these costs and maybe get some "say",
send mail directly to rat_at_rat.org. Membership in *any* mailing list is
not a right or entitlement, and subscription to any mailing list does not
grant you authority to set its policy.

If you have anyting to say with regard to a possible second list, send
mail directly to sonic_at_rat.org or rat_at_rat.org. Do not post this to the
Sonic list.

I have already published over the list that most posts related to the PC
game are inappropriate for the list. If this is not observed, we can
convert the Sonic list to fully moderated status and only approved
messages will be seen by anyone.

Replies to this message or messages on other administrative issues should
be sent to sonic_at_rat.org and not to the entire list.

Erich Schulman (KTN4CA)
Member of Team OS/2
Manager, "Sonic the Hedgehog" mailing list

Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) [Team OS/2] A net.freedom-fighter for Mobius!
"Freedom Fighters are #1!" -- Sonic the Hedgehog
A! JW2 WAR++ PI0>+ BR+i SL++++i SK+++ RI0>++/++^ RU+
GDF0>+ BU++ MI- MM- KK-- Do $++ E59 Ee5 TRita Ay68 M
Mail: acme_at_use.usit.net | WWW: http://nyx10.cs.du.edu:8001/~eschulma