Please, NO files to the list, ok?

From: Ratman <rat_at_granite.mv.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 14:46:23 -0500 (EST)

The rule is "no binaries".
This covers any kind of "attachments", no matter how small they are.

Rememeber that a lot of poeple have to download all their mail, and it's not
nice to shove fan fiction and other kinds of attached files down their
throat. That's what we have the FTP/WEB server for.

You can find sonic files at the following locations:

http://rat.org/sonic/
http://rat.org/pub/sonic/

or you can FTP to rat.org and the sonic files are in /pub/sonic/

Here's how to submit your files.

FTP to rat.org (Netscape can't do it, you need to use a real FTP client),
then upload your files to the /incoming directory.
Then follow it up with an email to rat_at_rat.org telling me about the file
you uploaded. Please do this so I can know who uploaded the file in case
there is a problem with the file.

If you can't FTP your files, just attach them to a mail message and send them
to rat_at_rat.org

FTP is preferred, but if you can't, then just e-mail.

If I see any more attachments posted, I'll have to start removing people from
the list. Just remember that poor guy with a 2400 baud modem using Eudora who
has to download all his mail in order to read it. It's just not fair to
people. I hope you all agree with me on this.

email: rat_at_rat.org WWW : http://rat.org FTP : ftp://rat.org/pub