On My Mother's Grave, Part 1

From: Robin Hood <gt6005a_at_prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 1995 21:41:39 -0400 (EDT)

On My Mother's Grave
A Sonic the Hedgehog story
Written by Kris Kelley. Story by Kris Kelley and Craig Moore.

This story is protected by copyright laws. Feel free to distribute this story,
but the authors do not allow any unauthorized alteration of the story or
distribution for profit.

Part 1

     ..."MOMMY!!!"...

     And, all these years later, the pain still remained. The pain, and the
bitter, driving desire for revenge.

* * *

     "Did you get it?"
     "Of course we got it! Let's juice!"
     Sonic, Sally, and Bunnie raced over to a nearby alleyway, hiding themselves
in the shadows.
     "Okay," Sally said, "I hope this works!" She looked at the timer displayed
on Nicole. "10, 9, 8, 7..."

     Tolouse looked at his chronometer. Hoping that all was going as planned,
he began counting down at the time they said the charges would be armed. "...5,
4, 3, 2, 1!" He looked up.
     The explosion rocked the city, engulfing the coolant treatment plant in an
angry display of fire and thunder, reducing it to a pile of twisted metal and
jagged concrete in mere seconds.
     "YES!" Tolouse shouted, his voice drowned out by the din of the blast.
"YES!" he shouted again, clapping his paws and howling with victory.

     "ALL RIGHT!" Sally shouted and grabbed Sonic in a victory hug, a lovely
sight silhouetted by the fire consuming what was left of the plant.
     Bunnie giggled. "Ah don't mean to interrupt y'all, Sugarhog, but we need
to be gettin' out of here!"
     Sonic chuckled. Sally regained her composure (after giving Sonic a quick
kiss) and spoke into the com-link. "Tolouse?"

     Tolouse pulled out his com-link. "Yes, Sally?" They could hear the
excitement in each other's voices.
     "We did it. Meet us over by the building rubble on the northern side of
the plant."
     "I'm on my way." He gave a quick look around, and left his hiding place,
cautiously making his way down the streets toward the rubble, eyes continually
going back to the demolishment of the plant. It was while he was looking at the
destruction when he ran into something, or rather somebody, and both he and this
other figure fell to the ground. Tolouse immediately looked for a hiding place,
but then he noticed what he had run into. It was a fox!
     "W-who are you?" this other fox said.
     Tolouse was about to ask the same thing. The two foxes studied each other
for quite some time when the com-link broke their concentration.
     "Tolouse, are you okay? Where are you?"
     Tolouse, still keeping his eyes on the other fox, took out the com-link.
"I'm okay, Sally. I'm coming." He holstered the com-link and said, "We can't
stay here. Come on." He motioned for the other fox to follow him.
     As the two made their way to where the others were, Tolouse said, "My name
is Tolouse. What's yours?"
     The other fox was silent for a moment before finally saying, "Todd."
     "And what are you doing here in Robotropolis?"
     Todd shrugged and then said, "Well, what are you doing here?"
     Tolouse was thinking about what to say when he heard a new sound. Looking
back, they saw a fleet of hovercraft heading towards the remains of the coolant
treatment plant. "We better get out of here!"
     Tolouse ran the rest of the way, with Todd following. They soon reached
the rubble, where the others were hiding.

     "Here he comes!" Sonic said. "And...he's got somebody with him!"
     Sally and Bunnie looked as well. Tolouse was running towards them, with
another fox running along behind him. "I wonder who that is," Sally said.
     Tolouse was soon there, and he spoke. "Hey. We need to get out of here.
There are a bunch of hovercraft coming. Oh, this is Todd."
     Todd gave a small wave, but kept quiet. Sally studied this new arrival,
but not for long. "Hello Todd." Addressing everybody, she said, "Okay, let's
get back to Knothole." And they began making there way back to the city limits,
where they could safely hide in the junkyards as Sonic transported them home.
     As they left the city, Todd said only one more thing. "Knothole?" There
was a look of hope in his eyes.

To be continued.