Sonic#26: Princess Sally-- a Weasel??

From: <list-brush-sonic_at_brushtail.hna.com.au>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 04:24:24 +1000

Sonic #26 has just arrived at my section of space-- it's nice
when your orders appear within a few months of the cover date. :)

In this month's iss, the Freedom Fighters are cooling off by a lake
[Otaku/FAQ note: Sonic has a "Hydro-sonic" speed, fast enough to run
across water, like a basilisk] when Robotnik starts up a weather
machine that causes a sudden summer's day snow storm. The FFs take
refuge in a cave system, where they discover a few Arctic Mobians
who have been hiding underground to avoid discovery by Robotnik.
One of the group is Erma, and it's my guess she's an Ermine after
looking at the other characters' names and her brown and white pelt.

The funny thing is, Erma looks a lot (a _real_ lot) like Sally-- the
face and tapering muzzle, the long cylindrical body, the relatively
small ears, the brown (at least during summer) pelt. So maybe the
Princess could possibly be of mustel heritage too... Hmm.

My personal bias says she could be a European Weasel. :) The
Americas have a critter called the "Short-tailed Weasel", right?
Maybe Sally wears those boots constantly to hide she's a Black-
Footed Ferret. :)

(Face it, the squirrel idea implies the princess shares a genetic
linage with mice and rats. Bleegh. :P :)

--
Chris "Weird Hypothesis Guy" Baird,, <cjb_at_hna.com.au>