Re: New pic - Sally

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 1995 00:41:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 22 Apr 1995, Ron Bauerle wrote:

> Is anybody interested in an ASCII and/or ANSI pic of Sally? Both were
> posted to the Fidonet Toons echo, and while I didn't think they were that
> great, if anybody wants them I can send them out...

Go ahead and post them. I think someone did before ask about getting
other Sonic ASCII art, other than the one that appears at the top of
faq-dd. As many of us use VT-100 terminals on the 'net, you might want
to UUencode any ANSI images so no one's screen will get messed up by the
different control codes. This isn't a binaries list, but short,
infrequent posts of ANSI art shouldn't be much of a problem for anyone here.

For you those of you who can run DOS programs (ie, not to forget OS/2 and
SoftPC users), I've got two programs that can be used to convert .GIF
images to ASCII. Both will require some experimentation with each image
to get satisfactory results. Both programs are small, and both are
free. If anyone is interested in getting these programs, please let me know.

|-- Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) + Team OS/2 ---- acme_at_use.usit.net -----|
| A! JW2 WAR++ PI~ BR+i SL++++i SK+++ RI++^ RU+ GDF BU+ MI- MM KK-- |
| P++ D $++ E59 Ee5 Eee35 TRita Ay68 M |
| "Freedom Fighters are #1!" -- Sonic the Hedgehog |
|-- A net.freedom-fighter for Mobius! ------------------------------|