Re: Sonic Graphics from UK

From: Ratman <rat_at_sard.mv.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 1995 14:23:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 9 Apr 1995, Shawn Wolski wrote:

> The Sonic graphics (the screen shots where he's shown running, jumping, etc.)
> were located at this address: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk:80/Games/console/sega.
> The last time I tried to download something from there, even the small files
> took
> more than a "Sonic Second". In fact, I had to wait about 5 minutes to
> download a
> 3 kB file(!) If you want something from this address, get a good book to
> read if it's
> a large (say 50 kB or more for example) file.

It went fast for me. I just tried it now. Maybe it was a passing thing,
like something was bogging down the server, or the connection was bad
(did you try pinging them? see if there were a lot of lost packets).

I noticed tails.gif is there. that's the cute-cartoony picture of the HFF.
That's probably where I got the picture from.

Work: paul_at_mv.mv.com | Play: rat_at_rat.mv.com
WWW : http://www.mv.com/users/rat | FTP : ftp://ftp.mv.com/pub/users/rat
AOL : PaulHurley | CIS : 75014,77