Sonic Merchandise List (beta)

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 21:41:23 -0500 (EST)

/* Here are the beginnings of a Sonic merchandise list. Let's try
   to make it more complete and in time make it a retrievable file.
   Although the Sonic list isn't for games, I think it would make
   sense to include them here.

   All information on Sega products was cut and pasted from a session
   log on CompuServe. Submissions of brief game descriptions are
   welcome.

   I would like to keep this document seperate from the FAQ, but I do need
   your help with submissions, descriptions, and corrections.

   Contributors: Alessandro Sanasi

   Erich Schulman (KTN4CA)
   Team OS/2

*/

GAMES
-----
1. (handheld game) I only remember seeing it about a month ago.
   Can anyone else supply details?
2. Sonic the Hedgehog LCD Wrist Game from Tiger Electronics. This
   was offered in conjunction with some of the video cassettes. You
   would return proofs of purchase and some cash and then get the game.
   The offer has already expired. Is this game also sold in stores?
3. AMAZING SONIC THE HEDGEHOG POCKET ARCADE from Sega
4. GAME GEAR SONIC 2 SYSTEM from Sega
5. GENESIS SONIC 2 SYSTEM from Sega
6. SONIC CD from Sega
7. SONIC CHAOS FOR GAME GEAR from Sega

TOYS (NON-GAME)
---------------
1. Sonic plush toy. It's of Sonic, about 12". From Caltoy.
2. Tails plush toy. It's of Tails, also about 12". From Caltoy.

FOOD
----
0. I've seen a commercial for Honey Nut Cheerios featuring Sonic and
   its bee mascot. Watch the General Mills section of your grocer's
   cereal aisle in case there is a Sonic cereal in the future.
1. _Fanta_ can from England with Sonic on it and the text
   'Orange Zone - Sonic cool can - the drink with attitude'.
   /* Who makes Fanta? */

APPAREL
-------
1. Boys' briefs from Fruit of the Loom. Size 5 (and others?). I
   didn't buy a pack so I don't have a full description.
2. SLEEVELESS SONIC AND KNUCKLES DENIM JACKET from Sega
3. SONIC AND KNUCKLES 2ND TO NONE T-SHIRT from Sega
4. SONIC AND KNUCKLES LOW-CROWN CAP from Sega
5. SONIC AND KNUCKLES MOVING DISC WATCH from Sega
6. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG "RELAXED" CAP from Sega

CARDS AND COLLECTIBLES
----------------------
1. Valentine's Day cards. By ????????
2. Collector cards from Topps (sold in 1993). 33 sticker cards, 33 game
   tips cards and 6 (very rare) prism cards.
3. Official SEGA sticker album from Panini. 228 stickers showing scenes
   from the games and the weekday Sonic cartoon. Available at least in
   England and Germany.

PUBLICATIONS
------------
1. SONIC STRATEGY GUIDE from Sega
2. "Sonic the Hedgehog" comic, issued monthly. From Archie Comics.
3. "Sonic the Comic" comic, issue frequency ??. From Fleetway
   Publications.

VIDEOS
------
1. (S) Super Sonic (Buena Vista 2850)
   Episodes: "Super Sonic", "Sonic and Sally"
2. (S) Hooked On Sonics (Buena Vista 2849)
   Episodes: "Hooked On Sonics", "Warp Sonic"
3. (S) Sonic Racer (Buena Vista 2851)
   Episodes: "Sonic Racer", "Sonic Boom"
4. (A) Grounder the Genius (Buena Vista 2380)
5. (A) Road Hog (Buena Vista 2381)
6. (A) Robotnik Express (Buena Vista 2382)
7. (A) Slowww Going (Buena Vista 2383)
8. (A) Sonic's Song (Buena Vista 2379)
9. (A) Super Special Sonic Search Squad (Buena Vista 2385)

All listings are VHS cassettes. All tapes marked (A) are the "Adventures
of Sonic the Hedgehog" weekday series, and those marked (S) are part of
the Saturday morning series.

/* What are the episodes on the (A) tapes? */

SUPPLIERS
---------
Archie Comics
325 Fayette Ave.
Mamaroneck, NY 10543

Buena Vista Home Video
Burbank, CA 91521

Caltoy, a division of C&H Toy of America Inc.
La Palma, CA

Fruit of the Loom
6300 Sears Tower
Chicago, IL 60606

General Mills
One General Mills Blvd.
Minneapolis, MN 55426

Panini

Sega of America
255 Shoreline Dr.
Redwood City, CA 94065

SONIC BACK ISSUE ZONE (Fleetway Publications)
Aim Ltd.
PO Box 10
Sunderland, SR4 6SN
United Kingdom

Tiger Electronics Inc.
980 Woodlands Parkway
Vernon Hills, IL 60061

Topps

Whole Toon Catalog /* cartoon video tape retailer */
P.O. Box 369
Issaquah, WA 98027