Re: Kats Kontest

From: ARTHUR JOHN FREDA <ah518_at_traverse.lib.mi.us>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 20:04:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Pastmaster wrote:

> 8^} My idiocy strikes yet again! Oh well.... Hey, I just got your letter,
> which my mom said was "cute" I guess because of your cool rendition of Razor
> on the front. I didn't know your artwork was THAT good! (I'd rate it,
> Streamline Picturers line quality [they make movies better qualiaty than
> "Deadly Prymid"] and Han ho Heung-up shading [with a heavy mook influence])
> 8^)

        Wow! Am I _REALLY_ that good? Wait till you see your prize! I got
your entry today, Saturday, and I really like how you colored on both
sides of the paper to make a different, lighter color on the other side.
I held it up to the light, and it really brought out the detail. If no
one else enters the contest with something better than what you've got,
you'll recieve my "Untitled" most recent drawing. I'm thinking of calling
it "Crud!" because it looks like T-Bone and Razor would say that right
before they zoom through a monsters mouth in the 2nd seas. opening. Oh
yeah, I have noticed that I do shade a little like HanHo (like on my "Sir
Razor" drawing) with a Mook-type influence. That Razor on the envelope
took me about an hour to draw. That's probably why animators usually
don't do that good. I'm currently in a state of deciding to be either an
animator, or an F-14 or F/A-18 pilot. I tend to like to ride the "barf
rides" at fairs while all my friends get green just by lookin' at 'em. :)

> The newsletter was cool. Did you do that cover drawing all on your own...
> (It was soooooo cool!!!) although I remember something similar on an SK
> poster. I copied the cover to someplace else and after a bit of refurbishing

        Nope. I just simply "colorized" bwtbone.gif off of rat's site. It
took me about 3 hours to do that, and then I made a gradient background.

> on the copy, I can use it with my computer.... Oh, BTW, your last picture
> nearly killed my computer screen, and I nearly fell on the floor...... DEAD!
> (I'm gonna have a nightmare about it, I'm sure!) The picture of ted almost
> killed me, I knew he looked like a monkey, but I didn't know that he was
> really a sabre tooth monkey! Oh well.... I've wanted a dart board like that
> forever! Even after having the fright of my life, THANX!!!!!! (Now I need a
> color printer that prints without all those ugly streaks of green in it
> [which might make ted look better!]) And BTW, why not put my artwork I sent

Your welcome. I guess you were the right person to be the 1st to recieve
it!

> to you in your next issue of your newsletter (If you have a scanner). Feel
> free to use the picture in Rat "Nedkat.jpg" in your newsletter. I made it,
> and I think it would look cool in there.

        I don't have a scanner, but I think I can scan it at a shop for
about 5-10 bucks. (Doesn't matter. I'll just mow the next-door neighbor's
lawn. :)) I wish that I didn't have to send yours back! (Oh well, since
I'll get it scanned, why should I need the original?)

> When I send the newsletter to Rat, do you want it zipped, or a bunch of
> loose ended pictures? I thought the wave files were really cool, and much
> better in qualiaty standards than what I bring out!

        You can't send it to rat. send it to maxie. Rat won't carry my
newsletter after a little, uhhhh, "mess up". Ask maxie to carry it.

> Unfourtionately, the video game, although highly humerous has no sound no
> matter what I try, with or without your patch since I don't have a Sound
> Blaster. I have a Sound Blaster 16 and the configurations are a little
> different. Do you have any suggestions on the sound? Thanks again for
> sending me that disk!

        I have an SB 16! It's a pure one, too! Your IRQ on the soundcard
may be incorrect, try changing your SB16's IRQ to 5. If you don't know
how to do this, e-me. Better yet, Send me all the DMA's, IRQ's and MIDI
ports that your sound card is set on. (You can find it under the SB
config icon in windows.)

To all on the katslist: Please enter! You'll love the prizes!!!!

A.J. Freda "They now know they have more to fear than
ah518_at_traverse.lib.mi.us Tyrannosaurs! Now they face an even GREATER
SWATKATSWATKATSWATKATS danger... TYRANNOSAURS IN F-14s!!!"
SWATKATSWATKATSWATKATS -Calvin & Hobbes