Re: Cartoon Violence: (was Why Canceled?)

From: Brother Buford <buford_at_halifax.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 23:11:23 -0400

Paul Kemner wrote:
>3a) The other adventure cartoon is a type with dead or mechanical bad guys.
>Skeleton Warriors and the like are in this class. Either you blow up the bad
>guys and they re-assemble, or there are robot minions that you can shoot up-
>the robots may be gone for good, but they can be replaced with an endless
>supply of identical ones. Maybe 'robot cannon fodder' isn't quite as bad as
>the "A-team/GI Joe" shows, but they still promote a 'go ahead and shoot'
>mentality.

There are actually two cases I know of in SWAT Kats of this, however, as in
"The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice" the skeletons in the MegaKat Historical
Site are blasted to bits by the Enforcers -

"Do we read these things their rights?"

"You have the right to remain buried!"

which the Pastmaster could have revived but didn't, and the Metallikats are
ripped to shreds whenever they show up in an ep, only to come back again.
  At least this is countered by the obvious or inferred deaths of civilians,
criminals, Enforcers, and the odd scientist or two.

Brother Buford email: buford_at_halifax.com
============== Resident DOOM freak.
"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates